Code of Ethics Form
A certificate holder has a serious responsibility that requires those involved in awarding the certificate and the certificate holder to meet the highest standards of ethics as well as the standards for technical knowledge and skills. Without ethical guidelines and the commensurate sanctions for failing to meet those standards, any certificate awarded would be suspect in the market.
All participants in the MREA Professional Certificate Program have read and will attest to the following Code of Ethics for each certificate earned. As the certificate issuing body, the MREA also assumes a role in maintaining ethical standards within the industry. In the event of a breach of this Code of Ethics, the MREA will work with customers and clients toward remedies and recourse.
Having received a Professional Certificate from the Midwest Renewable Energy Association, I agree to adhere to the standards of professionalism and conduct set out by MREA documents. Specifically, at a minimum, a MREA certificate holder shall:
- Avoid all conflicts of interest;
- Maintain all confidential and proprietary information in the strictest confidence;
- Commit to bringing professionalism, accountability, honesty, and integrity to this work;
- Demonstrate a dedication to quality, accuracy, and best practices in their awarded certificate technology and associated field of work, be it site assessment, design and sales, installation, etc.;
- Practice and maintain professional competencies according to the educational standards established and maintained by the MREA;
- Not make any statement or take any action that could bring the client, the accredited body, the process, the industry, the credential, or the MREA into dispute.
In agreeing to these points in the MREA Code of Ethics, I acknowledge that any violation of this Code or accepted standards and practices will subject me to the sanctions, penalties, and/or actions defined in the Certificate Program’s Systematic Program Plan.