- About Us
- The Energy Fair
- Wisconsin Solar Tour
- Solar Powering Iowa
- Move Some Earth Day
- Community Calendar
- Get Involved
PVO 303.01 PV Conceptual Design Online
This course will guide participants through the design process for a utility interactive residential or small commercial PV system. Participants will become familiar with the procedures, tools, and resources used to select equipment, determine equipment location, plan system layout, perform string sizing, determine breaker size, and site the array. Participants will apply their knowledge by solving design challenges in three PV system case studies.
This course is an online course and will require participants to attend an online webinar for each week of the course.
Craig Buttke, North Wind Renewable Energy
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the procedures, tools, and resources used to select equipment
- Demonstrate how to determine equipment location
- Demonstrate how to plan system layout
- Perform string sizing
- Determine breaker size
- Demonstrate array siting
- PV 201 PV Site Assessor and PV 205 Intermediate PV, or
- MREA PV Site Assessor Certificate holder, or
- PV 701 Photovoltaic Technology Instructor Institute, or
- NABCEP PV Installer Certification, or
- Equivalent course work
- A computer
- A phone
- Basic computer skills
- Computer browser such as Firefox or Safari (not Internet Explorer) with pop-ups enabled for the course
- Adobe Reader
About the Online Format
For each module of this course, you will be expected to work through the materials at your own pace within the time allotted for each module. You will:
- Watch the presentation
- Read the topic resources
- Complete the assignment
- Take the module survey or quiz
- Attend a live webinar where you can get reviews and extra help from the instructor
At the end of the course, you will be expected to take the exit survey and quiz for this course. Successful completion of the course will entail that all modules have been completed.
Webinars will be scheduled via a Doodle poll. The times that work for the most amount of participants will be selected. All webinars will be recorded and can be viewed after the webinar has occured for those who cannot make the assigned webinar time.
Being an Individual Membership gets you $20 off of each course. Not a member, but want to be? Simply go to the membership page to become one.
April 8th, 2013 12:00 AM through May 5th, 2013 5:00 PM
|Non-Member Price||$ 250.00|
|Member Price||$ 230.00|