- About Us
- Get Involved
PVO 201.03 PV Site Assessor Training Online
Participants in this four-week online course will learn how to perform a PV site assessment for a home or small business. The course will cover site assessment tools, load analysis, energy efficiency recommendations, array placement options, basic system sizing, cost estimates, and evaluating existing infrastructure on site. Participants will learn how to access online tools for solar resource analysis, PV system performance calculators, and incentives.
This course is an online course and will require participants to attend an online webinar for each week of the course.
To receive the MREA PV Site Assessor Certificate, participants will need to complete this course, two practice site assessments, pass the written test, and pay a $50 exam fee.
Jenny Heinzen, Midwest Renewable Energy Association
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Use site assessment tools
- Size a PV system
- Recommend a PV system type to meet a home or owner's goals
- Identify and recommend steps for energy efficiency
- Perform a load analysis
- Identify and recommend array placement options
- Quantify the solar resource
- Provide a general cost estimate
- Write a PV site assessment report
- Use web-based performance calculators
- Provide installer and equipment vendor information
PV 101 Basic Photovoltaics and basic computer skills
Continuing Education Units
- NABCEP recognizes advanced-level training by ISPQ Accredited training organizations to meet NABCEP CE requirements. MREA is an ISPQ accredited training organization. See www.nabcep.org or contact NABCEP at 800-654-0021 for more details on recertification.
- 6.5 learning units for American Institute of Architects (AIA) - HSW/SD
- BPI Recognized for 3.75 CEU Credits
- 6.5 credit hours for Iowa Licensed Master Electricians
- 6.5 credit hours for Iowa Licensed Journeyman Electricians
- 8.0 credit hours for WI Dwelling Contractor Qualifier Certification
- A computer
- A phone
- Basic computer skills
- Computer browser such as Firefox or Safari (not Internet Explorer) with pop-ups enabled for the course
- Adobe reader
About the Online Format
For each module of this course, you will be expected to work through the materials at your own pace within the time allotted for each module. You will:
- Watch the presentation
- Read the topic resources
- Complete the assignment
- Take the module survey or quiz
- Attend a live webinar where you can get reviews and extra help from the instructor
At the end of the course, you will be expected to take the exit survey and quiz for this course. Successful completion of the course will entail that all modules have been completed.
Webinars will be scheduled via a Doodle poll. The times that work for the most amount of participants will be selected. All webinars will be recorded and can be viewed after the webinar has occured for those who cannot make the assigned webinar time.
Being an Individual Membership gets you $20 off of each course. Not a member, but want to be? Simply go to the membership page to become one.
July 15th, 2013 12:00 AM through August 11th, 2013 5:00 PM
7558 Deer Rd
7558 Deer Road
7558 Deer Rd
7558 Deer Road
|Non-Member Price||$ 270.00|
|Member Price||$ 250.00|