- About Us
- Get Involved
PV-ST 411.01 PV and Solar Thermal Structural Considerations (Online)
This online course teaches the structural considerations involved in solar electric and solar thermal systems for installers, designers, and code officials. Topics will include general permitting processes and building codes, installation strategies, and techniques for determining loads on and strengths of structures.
The course will focus on residential-scale, wood structures with pitched roofs, but some fundamental principles may be useful in other applications, such as non-residential buildings, steel and concrete structures, flat roofs, and ground-mounted systems.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define builidng codes as they pertain to structural considerations
- Ensure code compliance before and during installation
- Install with regards to structural integrity
Recognized CECs for Licensed Professionals
- 7.0 continuing education hours for NABCEP PV Installtion Professional certification
- 7.0 continuing education credits for NABCEP Solar Heating Installer certification
- 5.0 credit hours for WI Commercial Building Inspectors
- 7.0 credit hours for WI Dwelling Contractor Qualifiers
- 7.0 credit hours for WI UDC - Construction Inspectors
Andy DeRocher, Sustainable Engineering Group
May 12 - June 8, 2014
Live, mandatory webinars (4 total) on Tuesdays from 5:00-7:00 pm CT
MREA Online Course Policy: Mandatory Webinar Attendance
This course includes weekly scheduled, live webinars in which the instructor presents the course materials. Webinar attendance is recorded and tracked throughout the duration of the course.
Course materials are available on the MREA online course website within the scheduled course start and end dates. Participants will not receive a Letter of Completion or applicable continuing education credits/hours unless all webinars are fully attended, and all assignments and quizzes are completed by the course end date to the instructor’s satisfaction. The MREA cannot give partial credit for this course.
Required Course Materials
- Phone or VOIP
- Basic computer skills
- Web browser such as Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari (not Internet Explorer) with pop-ups enabled
- Adobe Reader
- PV 101 and PV 202/205
- or PV 701
- or ST 101 and ST 301
- or ST 701
- or NABCEP PV or Solar Heating Entry Level or Installer Certification
- or WI Commercial Building Inspector, Dwelling Contractor Qualifier, or UDC - Construction Inspector
- or equivalent
Being an MREA member means getting a $20 discount on courses and free admission to The Energy Fair. Not a member? Visit our membership page to become one.
May 12th, 2014 12:00 AM through June 8th, 2014 5:00 PM
|Non MREA Member Price||$ 250.00|
|MREA Member Price||$ 230.00|