Many MREA courses are recognized for continuing education credits (CECs) by state licensing agencies, skilled and construction trade associations, and renewable energy credentialing organizations like NABCEP and IREC. CECs are offered at no additional cost to course participants. Learn more about our continuing education offerings below.
North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP)
By taking one of MREA’s courses that is registered with NABCEP (designated by the NABCEP logo), you will receive continuing education credits that will count toward NABCEP re-certification requirements. View all courses offering NABCEP Credits on the Course Calendar.
The following MREA courses are registered to offer NABCEP continuing education credits:
- Navigating the NEC (G 110) – 6 credit hours
- PV Sales and Finance (PV 203) – 7 credit hours
- PV & Solar Thermal Structural Considerations (PV-ST 411) – 7 credit hours
- 2017 NEC PV Update (PV 618) – 4 credit hours
NABCEP Certification is considered an industry standard for solar PV, solar thermal, and small wind technologies. Learn more at our NABCEP Credentials page.
Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services (DSPS)
The Department of Safety and Professional Services (DSPS) is responsible for ensuring the safe and competent practice of licensed professionals in Wisconsin. We offer continuing education credits for a variety of Trades Professions. Courses that offer DSPS credit hours include:
- G 110: Navigating the NEC
- PV 101: Basic Photovoltaics (PV)
- PV 201: PV Site Assessor Training
- PV 202: PV System Design
- PV 301: PV Design and Installation Lab
- PV-ST 411: PV and Solar Thermal Structural Considerations
- PV 618: 2017 NEC Update for PV
- ST 101: Solar Domestic Hot Water Systems
- W 101: Introduction to Wind Systems
- W 306: Wind Turbine Design and Construction
The trades professions listed below are eligible for CECs in specific MREA courses. View individual courses on our Course Calendar for a list of professions eligible for each course.
- Commercial Electrical Inspector
- Dwelling Contractor Qualifier
- Industrial Journeyman Electrician
- Journeyman Electrician
- Master Electrician
- Registered Electrician
- Residential Journeyman Electrician
- Residential Master Electrician
- UDC-Electrical Inspector
- Commercial Building Inspector
- UDC-Construction Inspector
- Commercial Plumbing Inspector
- Journeyman Plumber
- Master Plumber License
- UDC-HVAC Inspector
- UDC-Plumbing Inspector
Contact the MREA with any questions regarding continuing education, credit hours, or license renewal requirements for construction trades. Transcripts of courses taken with the MREA are available upon request.