PV 201 – PV Site Assessment
PV 201 – PV Site Assessment
Price: $150 – $170
MREA members always pay less for courses.
Prerequisites: Basic Photovoltaics (PV 101), or equivalent
You will receive a “welcome” email from Training Director, Jenny Heinzen within 1-2 business days. That email will contain more details about the course and how to proceed.
No problem! Live webinars are recorded, and then posted on your course website (mreacourses.org) so you can listen afterwards. Webinar recordings (links) remain active until the last day of the course.
Webinars are essentially live “office hours” where you can call or login, ask questions, and review concepts, assignments, and quizzes with your instructor and other course participants.
The MREA does not give A-B-C “grades.” Our courses are simply PASS or DROP. If you complete all required activities within the allotted time frame, you will receive a Letter of Completion.
Our online course platform does have a “grade book” which records your scores on assignments & quizzes, so you can track your own progress if so desired. But there is no minimum score or percentage required to pass a course.
Your instructor regularly monitors your online progress, and will contact you directly via email if anything is missing or awry.
When you finish an online course, your instructor will email you a Letter of Completion.
YES! You will still have full access to all your materials, even after the course has ended. The only links that die are recordings of the (optional) live webinars. Everything else is yours to keep.
This eight-hour course demonstrates how to perform a PV site assessment for a home or small business, using the MREA PV Site Assessment Report Template.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Perform a load analysis
- Identify and recommend steps for energy efficiency
- Analyze an electrical bill
- Use shade analysis tools (Solar Pathfinder™)
- Estimate energy production with online tools (PVWatts®)
- Quantify a site’s solar resource, using the Solar Pathfinder & PVWatts Calculator
- Identify and recommend PV array location
- Identify and recommend balance of system location
- Recommend a PV system type and size to meet client goals
- Estimate system costs and basic cash flow analysis
- Identify applicable rebates, incentives, and taxes
- Address non-financial benefits of PV systems
- Write a professional PV site assessment report
Computer with Internet access (online version)
Calculator, Pencil, or Pen (classroom version)
Continuing Education Credits (CECs)
This course has been approved for 8 hours of Continuing Education Credits by Wisconsin DSPS.
Course Cancellation Policy
Those wishing to cancel a course registration should email email@example.com or call the MREA at 715-592-6595.