PV 204 – PV Labs & Design Scenarios
Syllabus for PV 204 – PV Labs & Design Scenarios
Price: $250 – $270
MREA members always pay less for courses. Learn more about the benefits of being a member.
Prerequisites: Basic Photovoltaics (PV 101), PV System Design (PV 202)
This eight-hour course is designed to demonstrate PV system design principles through construction of two portable lab systems. Participants will work from line diagrams and component specification sheets to build a grid-interconnected PV system and a battery-based PV system. After assembly, students will verify proper mechanical and electrical connections and commission each system. In addition, students will work in small teams to develop PV system designs that meet site analysis, system sizing, and configuration requirements given in several design scenarios.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize hazards related to working with PV systems
- Interpret line diagrams
- Interpret information given on component specification sheets
- Perform basic mathematical calculations required for PV system string sizing
- Demonstrate safe use of tools and construction equipment
- Identify proper protocols for commissioning PV systems
- Recognize options for PV system configurations
- Design a PV system to meet customer production goals and site requirements
Appropriate clothing and gear for working outdoors