Syllabus: (PV 220) PV Exam Prep
Prerequisites: PV 101, PV 201, and PV 202
This four-hour course has been created for those ready to take the NABCEP PV Associate Exam, or any entry-level exam in photovoltaics. We’ll discuss test-taking strategies, review the logistics of the NABCEP PV Associate Exam, and use practice questions to prepare you for test day.
Anyone who has taken the MREA’s Basic Photovoltaics (PV 101), PV Site Assessment (PV 201), and PV System Design (PV 202) courses is eligible to sit for the NABCEP PV Associate Exam.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain how standardized test questions are crafted and worded
- Scrutinize exam questions and responses for cues that lead to the correct answer
- Identify resources and study materials used to create NABCEP PV exam questions
- Analyze Learning Objectives, JTAs, Content Domains, Knowledge Groups, and Task Steps related to NABCEP PV exams
- Summarize the rules and logistics of exam day, including time and items allowed
- Execute an effective study plan
- Prepare for the NABCEP Associate Exam with practice questions and discussion
- Demonstrate proficiency in entry-level PV terms, concepts, and calculations
- Online: computer with speakers and Internet access
- In-person: calculator & writing utensil
- Required Textbook: You may choose one of two (or both):
- Solar Electric Handbook: Photovoltaic Fundamentals and Applications, 2nd ed. Solar Energy International. ISBN# 978-1-256-91816-5.
- Photovoltaic Systems, 3rd ed. James P. Dunlop. ISBN# 978-1-935941-05-7.
- We currently do not have copies for sale for online courses, so you are responsible for buying, renting, or borrowing your own textbook.