PV 220 – PV Exam Prep
PV 220 – PV Exam Prep
Price: $75 – $95
MREA members always pay less for courses.
Prerequisites: Basic Photovoltaics (PV 101), PV Site Assessor Training (PV 201), PV System Design (PV 202)
You will receive a “welcome” email from Training Director, Jenny Heinzen within 1-2 business days. That email will contain more details about the course and how to proceed.
No problem! Live webinars are recorded, and then posted on your course website (mreacourses.org) so you can listen afterwards. Webinar recordings (links) remain active until the last day of the course.
Webinars are essentially live “office hours” where you can call or login, ask questions, and review concepts, assignments, and quizzes with your instructor and other course participants.
The MREA does not give A-B-C “grades.” Our courses are simply PASS or DROP. If you complete all required activities within the allotted time frame, you will receive a Letter of Completion.
Our online course platform does have a “grade book” which records your scores on assignments & quizzes, so you can track your own progress if so desired. But there is no minimum score or percentage required to pass a course.
Your instructor regularly monitors your online progress, and will contact you directly via email if anything is missing or awry.
When you finish an online course, your instructor will email you a Letter of Completion.
YES! You will still have full access to all your materials, even after the course has ended. The only links that die are recordings of the (optional) live webinars. Everything else is yours to keep.
This six-hour, online course has been created for those ready to take the NABCEP PV Associate Exam, or any entry-level exam in photovoltaics. We’ll discuss test-taking strategies, review the logistics of NABCEP exams, and use practice questions to prepare you for test day.
Anyone who has taken the MREA’s Basic Photovoltaics (PV 101), PV Site Assessor Training (PV 201), and PV System Design (PV 202) courses is eligible to sit for the NABCEP PV Associate Exam.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain how standardized test questions are crafted and worded
- Scrutinize exam questions and responses for cues that lead to the correct answer
- Execute an effective study plan
- Recognize the potential pitfalls of under-preparing/over-preparing for an exam
- Compare NABCEP’s Associate Program to their professional PV Certifications
- Identify resources and study materials used to create NABCEP PV exam questions
- Analyze Learning Objectives, JTAs, Content Domains, Knowledge Groups, and Task Steps related to NABCEP PV exams
- Summarize the rules and logistics of exam day, including time and items allowed
- Prepare for the NABCEP Associate Exam with practice questions and exams
- Demonstrate proficiency in entry-level PV terms, concepts, and calculations
Computer with Internet access
Photovoltaic Systems, 3rd ed. by James Dunlop
National Electrical Code (2014 preferred)
Continuing Education Credits (CECs)
This course has been approved for 6 hours of Continuing Education Credits by Wisconsin DSPS.