Syllabus: (PV 320) Solar Training Academy
Designed for your busy schedule, the Solar Training Academy is a series of courses providing students with industry-leading solar technical training. Topics include photovoltaic (PV) fundamentals, PV site assessment practices, and design principles and considerations.
Upon completion of all required coursework, Academy graduates qualify to sit for the NABCEP PV Associate Exam, an increasingly sought-after solar credential valued by the industry.
The MREA Solar Training Academy includes:
- Basic Photovoltaics (PV 101)
- PV Site Assessment (PV 201)
- PV System Design (PV 202)
- PV Labs and Design Scenarios (PV 304)
- PV Exam Prep (PV 220)
- Binder & online course materials
- NABCEP PV Associate Exam
- **NEW IN 2021**: PV 104: Working with Electricity and G 110: Navigating the NEC – ONLINE CLASSES FREE.
The Solar Training Academy’s objectives are made up of the objectives of each of the component courses. See the individual courses for a complete list of objectives.
- Computer with internet, speakers, and microphone
- Textbook & binder (provided)
- Calculator & writing utensil
- Safety glasses
- Appropriate clothing and gear for working outdoors: closed-toe footwear, weather appropriate clothing, gloves, water bottle, sunscreen, mask etc