PV 604 – Inspecting PV Systems
Syllabus for PV 604 – Inspecting PV Systems
Price: $125 – $145
MREA members always pay less for courses. Learn more about the benefits of being a member.
Prerequisites: Basic Photovoltaics (PV 101) or equivalent training, or Licensed Electrician.
This four-hour course reviews the National Electrical Code (NEC), paying particular attention to Articles 690 and 705. It also covers equipment listing and labeling requirements, circuit calculations, wiring methods, grounding, overcurrent protection, system labeling requirements, and common code violations. Electrical contractors, installers, and inspectors will learn about Code requirements and best practices for photovoltaic (PV) systems.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the components and configurations of PV system types
- Explain the contents and importance of NEC Articles 690 and 705, and how they relate to PV systems
- Demonstrate proper labeling requirements for PV systems
- Inspect PV systems and determine their level of Code compliance
- Explain supply-side and load-side interconnections and requirements
- Perform circuit calculations for conductors and overcurrent devices
- Recognize outdoor conductor, raceway, and enclosure ratings
- Explain PV system grounding requirements and concerns
- Identify common Code violations
Copy of the National Electrical Code (NEC)