Prerequisites: PV 420 or NABCEP credential
NEW: Solar+Storage (S+S)
S+S will provide participants the opportunity to virtually join experts while they instruct you on how to install some of the cutting edge Lithium-Ion technology from the industry’s most respected brands.
The MREA team is working hard on building out a new solar plus storage lab that will integrate some of the solar industry’s top energy storage systems. This will be fed from 38 kW of new PV and be delivered as both virtual and hands-on training.
Course will include energy storage systems design, safety, and installation including the Panasonic EverVolt, Tesla PowerWall (donated by Northwind Solar), Generac PWRcell, and more.
We are aiming for late summer/early fall for course completion and delivery and appreciate your patience as we develop this new course.
We believe that solar plus storage is important to further our mission of creating a better life for society. Generating your own clean energy and storing it on site for use when needed is a major step towards energy independence and security for individuals and families. As our society becomes more electrified with EVs and other home energy needs, solar plus storage will become the standard on single and multi-family homes, as well as businesses that depend on electricity for their operations. We are excited and grateful to be a part of this energy transition.
– Dan Glaser, Sales Engineer of Panasonic
Thank you to our S+S Sponsors!
- Calculate daily loads to be served by battery-based PV system
- Recognize surge currents of loads
- Size battery bank to meet daily loads, days of autonomy, and depth of discharge
- Determine system voltage and battery bank amp-hour capacity requirements
- Identify available battery options and select appropriate batteries for a PV system
- Recognize containment and/or ventilation requirements for batteries in a PV system
- Calculate the solar resource for the site
- Size the PV array required to keep the battery bank healthy
- Identify PV module options
- Select PV modules to build array
- Identify available charge controller options
- Select appropriate charge controller for a battery-based PV system
- Identify available inverter options
- Select appropriate inverter for a battery-based PV system
- Online: computer with speakers and Internet access
- In-person: calculator & writing utensil