- About Us
- Get Involved
A nationally accredited leader in the renewable energy training field for over 20 years, the MREA can provide customized training for your business, school, institution, or organization - any group interested in learning about renewable energy.
Our customized training options include classroom training, hands-on workshops and labs, and online courses that bring an MREA instructor to you. You'll learn from trained professionals, collect resources for further learning, and gain valuable knowledge surrounding the fast-pased market of renewable energy technologies.
Thousands of students have traveled to our Renew the Earth Institute (REI) in Custer, Wisconsin, but the MREA can also bring its training to you. We travel all over the Midwest, and sometimes even farther.
Past clients include:
- State of Indiana
- City of Milwaukee
- Housing Authority of the City of Milwaukee
- Lac du Flambeau Tribal DNR
- Milwaukee Community Service Corps
- Werner Electric
- Van Meter Electric Supply
- Zinnel Electric
- Heartland Community College
- College of Lake County
- Lawrence University
- Metropolitan Community College
- University of Wisconsin- Milwaukee
- University of West Virginia- Parkersburg
- United Buyers Group
- River Falls Municipal Utilities
- United Steel Workers
MREA courses are based on industry approved task analyses and are designed to satisfy knowledge and skill competencies (learning objectives) set forth by professional credentialing agencies.
The credentialing programs that MREA courses can satisfy include:
- MREA PV Design and Sales Certificate Program
- MREA Site Assessment Certificate Program
- NABCEP PV Entry Level Exam Program
- NABCEP PV Installation Professional Certification
- NABCEP PV Technical Sales Certification
- NABCEP Solar Heating Installer Certification
- NABCEP Recertification - Continuing Education Credits
- IREC Instructor and Master Trainer Accreditation
- Continuing Education Credits for state licenses
To read more about the MREA's affiliation with NABCEP, visit our NABCEP page.
Need continuing education credits? See our Continuing Education page.
If your company is interested in learning more about MREA training offerings specific to your needs, contact Clay Sterling at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 715-592-6595, ex. 110.