- About Us
- The Energy Fair
- Solar Powering the Midwest Conference
- Move Some Earth Day
- Community Calendar
- Get Involved
A nationally accredited leader in the renewable energy training field for over 20 years MREA is excited to now offer customized training for your business, educational institution, workforce development organization and any group interested in learning more about renewable energy. Our customized training options include functional hands-on workshops and online courses that bring an expert MREA instructor to your computer. When you contract the MREA for customized training you learn from trained professionals, gain resources for further learning and build your knowledge of the fast paced renewable energy market.
Thousands of students have traveled to our training facility located in Custer WI but the MREA has been hired to deliver its programs to places far and wide in the lower 48 states.
Past clients include:
- State of Indiana
- City of Milwaukee
- Housing Authority of the City of Milwaukee
- Lac du Flambeau Tribal DNR
- Milwaukee Community Service Corps
- Werner Electric
- Van Meter Electric Supply
- Zinnel Electric
- Heartland Community College
- College of Lake County
- Lawrence University
- Metropolitan Community College
- University of Wisconsin- Milwaukee
- University of West Virginia- Parkersburg
- United Buyers Group
- River Falls Municipal Utilities
- United Steel Workers
MREA courses are based on industry approved task analysis (when available) and are designed to satisfy the knowledge and skill competencies for professional credentialing.
The credentialing programs that MREA courses can satisfy include:
- MREA Site Assessor Certificate Program
- NABCEP PV Technical Sales Certification
- NABCEP Entry Level Exam
- NABCEP Installer Certification
- NABCEP Recertification - Continuing Education Credits
- ISPQ Instructor Certification
- ISPQ Accreditation
- Other professional license Continuing Education Units
For a list of specific progressions of knowledge by certification program and professional credential, visit the professional credentialing page.
Training courses available include:
- PV 101(in person or online) This course uses a combination of lecture and classroom activities to teach the basics of solar electric systems. Participants will learn how photovoltaic (PV) systems work, diagram the four PV system types, describe and identify components, understand the best application and limitations of each system type, define the solar window, make energy efficiency recommendations, estimate system loads, and understand the basics of PV site assessment.
- PV 201 (in person or available online soon)Participants in this course will learn how to perform a PV site assessment for a home or small business. The course will cover site assessment tools, load analysis, energy efficiency recommendations, array placement options, basic system sizing, cost estimates, and evaluating existing infrastructure on site. Participants will learn how to access online tools for solar resource analysis, PV system performance calculators, and incentives.
- PV 305 This course provides an advanced level of lecture that prepares the participants for designing photovoltaic (PV) systems. In-depth discussion topics include product specification, product integration, system design capabilities and limitations, major system design issues, common mistakes, and solutions.
- ST 101 (in person) This course uses a combination of lecture and classroom activities to teach the basics of solar thermal systems with an emphasis on northern climate systems. Participants will learn how solar domestic hot water (SDHW) system work, describe and identify components, understand the best application and limitations of each system type, define the solar window, make hot water efficiency recommendations, and estimate system loads.
- Many more exciting options available...
If your company is interested in learning more about MREA training offerings specific to your needs, contact Clay Sterling by email or call 715-592-6595 ext. 110.