The Midwest Renewable Energy Association wants to provide your community with no-cost assistance to foster solar development and advance renewable energy. Learn how we can help!
SolSmart Program Background
SolSmart is a national solar designation program recognizing cities, counties, and towns that foster development of mature local solar markets. To date, the SolSmart Program has assisted more than 190 municipalities nation-wide achieve one of three designation levels (Gold, Silver, or Bronze).
What is Offered
Through the SolSmart Advisor Program, the MREA will assist your community over a six-month period (starting in January 2019) and help it review, revise, and amend permitting, planning, and zoning ordinances to lower barriers to solar development in your community while helping it drive your local solar economy!
How to Participate
- The MREA is currently soliciting communities interested in receiving no-cost technical assistance using the SolSmart Advisor Program.
Contact Eric Rehm, MREA Solar Finance Manager at 612-845-3467 or to learn more.
- Complete and sign a letter of commitment (SolSmart PR-1 Solar Statement).
- Work with MREA staff to complete a SolSmart designation application.
- Commit and submit by June 1, 2018 to participate.
MREA Application Deadline: The MREA will submit its SolSmart Advisor Application June 3, 2018.
MREA Past SolSmart Advisor Successes
In late 2017, the MREA was successful in serving as SolSmart Advisor to the following communities and helped them achieve their SolSmart designations.
- GOLD DESIGNATIONS City of Eau Claire, WI City of Wisconsin Rapids, WI Johnson County, IA
- SILVER DESIGNATIONS City of Ashland, WI Ashland County, WI
- BRONZE DESIGNATIONS City of Bayfield, WI Bayfield County, WI
Contact or call 612-845-3467 to learn more.
View the informational flyer here: SolSmart Flyer