The MREA is a Registered NABCEP Associate Provider for solar PV. The NABCEP Associate Program is a credential program intended for people who are currently working in, or seeking employment in, the renewable energy industry, including those who are: students in renewable energy programs, workers at an early stage in their renewable energy career, experienced professionals who have just begun offering renewable energy products or services, or those in renewable energy jobs for which there is no professional certification.
There are three possible pathways to obtain a NABCEP Associate credential:
- Successfully complete a photovoltaics, solar heating, or small wind training course with a NABCEP Registered Associate Provider, and pass the relevant NABCEP Associate Examination.
- Document at least 6 months of full time equivalent work experience in a job that is directly involved with photovoltaics, solar heating, or small wind technologies, and pass the relevant NABCEP Associate Examination.
- Already have a NABCEP Entry Level Achievement Award for photovoltaics or solar heating, and pay a small conversion fee. If the award was earned more than three years ago, documentation of at least 12 hours of continuing education will also be required.
More information on all pathways at www.nabcep.org/associate.
As a Registered NABCEP Associate Provider for PV, the MREA delivers training that covers NABCEP Associate Learning Objectives. Individuals interested in the NABCEP Associate Program should review the NABCEP Associate Handbook. Those who successfully complete all three of the following MREA courses qualify to sit for the NABCEP PV Associate Exam:
- Basic Photovoltaics (PV 101)
- PV Site Assessor Training (PV 201)
- PV System Design (PV 202)
PV 101, 201, and 202 are available in a face-to-face (classroom) format, and online. See our course schedule to learn more about these courses, when they are offered, and how to register. MREA members receive a $20 discount on all courses.
Once you have completed PV 101, 201, and 202 and are ready to take the NABCEP PV Associate Exam, students must review the NABCEP Associate Handbook and complete the Candidate Eligibility Form.
The NABCEP PV Associate Exam can be taken in Custer, WI, or online at one of NABCEP’s approved testing sites. Register for the exam using the links below. You will upload your Candidate Eligibility Form when registering.
- ONLINE ($150 fee)
- PAPER and PENCIL ($180 fee)
After you register, you will be contacted by the MREA to confirm eligibility and to guide you through the next steps in the process.
Register here to take the NABCEP PV Associate Exam.