Independent Study Course • Inspecting Solar PV Systems (PV 604) • NABCEP CECs • Prerequisites Required • $245
This BRAND NEW four-hour online independent study course reviews solar photovoltaic (PV) system requirements of the 2017 National Electrical Code (NEC), focusing on Articles 690 and 705. Through this course, electrical contractors, installers, and inspectors will gain valuable insight into code requirements and installation best practices for PV systems.
- Registration is open all year at any time
- This is an independent study online course. Students can work through recorded presentations, and exercises at their own pace.
- Once the coursework is complete you will receive a Letter of Completion for the training.
- Students have one year to complete the course from the start date to receive credit.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the components and configurations of PV system types
- Explain the contents and importance of NEC Articles 690 and 705, and how they relate to PV systems
- Demonstrate proper labeling requirements for PV systems
- Inspect PV systems and determine their level of Code Compliance
- Explain supply-side and load-side interconnection requirements
- Perform circuit calculations for conductors and overcurrent devices
- Recognize appropriate wiring methods and installation practices
- Explain PV system grounding requirements and concerns
- Identify common Code violations
Meet Your Instructor:
Nick is the Solar Project Manager for the MREA, performing courses and curriculum development. He has been teaching for over ten years and is a NABCEP certified PV Installation Professional with WI Master Electrician and Commercial Electrical Inspector licenses. Nick drew from his years of solar experience to develop this new course offering!Learn More / Register