22 EP 13: Staubli-DC Cabling Best Practice in PV Installations (Recording)
The goal of this technical presentation is to ensure PV installation be free of unexpected/accelerated degradation of DC cabling system that leads to underperforming asset, unplanned O&M cost and thermal events.
Main topics of the technical presentation includes:
1. Technical knowledge of weathering effect on Polymer and electrical component.
2. Field Data and lesson learnt
3. Best Practice recommendation with respect to industry standards. (UL, NEC, ANSI, IEC)
Important to know:
- MC4 is a PV connector, invented by Stäubli in 1996 (formerly under the name of Multi-Contact)
- MC4 is a protected trademark of Stäubli
- MC4 connectors are Swiss-engineered and manufactured in Switzerland, France, and Germany
- MC4 is not an industry-standard and is technically not compatible with different PV connector brands
Presenter(s):Jeff Wang, Business Development Manager Renewable Energy North America / DC Cabling Subject Matter Expert
- Computer with Internet access
NABCEP CEC's: 1.5 hour(s)
MREA Members get a discount on all courses, and other benefits. Learn more about membership.
MREA Member Price: $8
Non-Member Price: $10
Course Date:May 27 - December 31, 2022
Registration ends on December 31, 2022