Intro to Tower Climbing and Safety (W 307.01)
Custer, WI – May 10
MREA Members: $250
This one-day, hands-on course will focus on the fundamentals of tower climbing and safety. Participants will be educated in climbing mechanics, hazard assessment, fall protection, basic knot tying, and more. The course will conclude with a climb on a tower, practicing the safety procedures and knowledge learned in the classroom.
Brandon NaylorBrandon is the owner of Tower Technologies LLC, which he formed in 2002 to service the wind and communication tower industries. Tower Technologies manages subcontractors and tower crews erecting towers, inspecting towers, structurally reinforcing existing towers, and maintaining towers and equipment. Brandon is certi_ed as a ComTrain Tower Safety and Rescue Instructor, Crosby Rigging Instructor, and OSHA authorized instructor for 30- and 10-hour courses.
8-hour hands-on course at the MREA headquarters in Custer, WI.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify hazards associated with tower sites
- Analyze site safety planning and hazard assessments
- Summarize climbing standards, regulations, and policies
- Identify tested and effective Personal Fall Arrest Systems (PFAS)
- Communicate safe climbing methods and equipment
- Convey the importance of 100% tie-off
- Ascend, maneuver, and descend safely a lattice tower
Midwest Renewable Energy Association
7558 Deer Road
Custer, WI 54423