- About Us
- The Energy Fair
- Solar Powering the Midwest Conference
- Move Some Earth Day
- Community Calendar
- Get Involved
Wisconsin Solar Tour - See Renewables in Action!
Saturday, October 4, 2014
Solar Tour Celebration in Custer 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Celebrate renewable energy at the ReNew the Earth Institute (REI), headquarters of the MREA, Saturday, October 4 from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. to enjoy renewable energy tours on the hour and participate in a wood-fired oven building demonstration by Mark Morgan of Bear Paw Design & Construction. Come learn about the REI’s renewable energy systems ranging from wind turbines to solar thermal and energy-efficient design including in-floor radiant heat and daylighting and stay for food from the Tortuga Express, beer from Central Waters Brewing Company, and music from Kameron Krause.
The REI uses one hundred percent of the electricity from on- and off-site renewable energy!
This event is FREE and open to the public. We hope to see you on Saturday!
Bus Tour in Milwaukee
Date: Saturday October 4th
Time: Solar Tour: 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Tour leaves from the Clock Shadow Building, 138 W Bruce St., Milwaukee, WI 53204
Rooftop Reception at Clock Shadow Building’s green roof: 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Cost: $10 per person (includes tour and reception!) Click HERE to register. Walk-ins are welcome!
- A homeowner with solar that charges their electric vehicle
- A homeowner with geothermal and solar who participated in the Milwaukee Solar Group Buy program
- Swing past the City of Milwaukee’s wind turbine
- A tour of Milwaukee’s greenest building - the Clock Shadow Building
- A tour of the LEED Gold Schlitz Audubon Nature Center
- The tour will end with a rooftop reception at the Clock Shadow Building’s green roof - overlooking Milwaukee Brewing Company’s solar thermal installation with a Caleffi representative on hand to talk about the Brewery’s install!
Reserve your seat today! Walk-ins are welcome!
Can't make it on the bus tour? Then join us for the Rooftop Celebration!
When: 4:00 to 6:00pm
Where: The Clock Shadow Building,138 W Bruce St., Milwaukee, WI 53204
Enjoy the rooftop garden on the Clock Shadow Building - Milwaukee's greenest building, while overlooking Milwaukee Brewing Company's solar thermal installation.
Solar brewed beer from Milwaukee Brewing Company and snacks will be provided. A $5 donation is suggested.
If it rains the reception will be held indoors at the Clock Shadow Building!
Thank you to our sponsors:
Self-Guided Tours throughout Wisconsin 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Homes and businesses around Wisconsin are opening their doors. Come and learn about renewable energy, green building techniques and sustainable living ideas from the people who own, live in, or work in the buildings on Saturday, October 4. Sign up to host a site on our official Solar Tour Registration Page.