Designed to fit your busy schedule, MREA’s Solar Training Academy is a series of weekend classes providing students with industry-leading solar technical training. Topics include photovoltaic (PV) fundamentals, PV site assessment practices, and design principles and considerations.
Upon academy completion, students qualify to sit for the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) PV Associate Exam, an increasingly sought-after solar credential valued by the industry.
The MREA Solar Training Academy includes:
- Basic Photovoltaics (PV 101)
- PV Site Assessor Training (PV 201)
- PV System Design (PV 202)
- PV Labs and Design Scenarios (PV 204)
- PV Exam Prep (PV 220)
- Additional online coursework
- Exam fee for the NABCEP PV Associate
- Exam fee for the MREA PV Site Assessment Certificate*
*Additional practice work required outside of class to complete certificate program.
- Textbook (Photovoltaic Systems, 3rd Edition, by James Dunlop)
- MREA Individual Basic Membership (benefits outlined here)
Gain a competitive edge in solar by registering for the 2018 MREA Solar Training Academy offered at one of the Midwest locations below!
My favorite part of training with the MREA was a combination of two things. The instructors and people I met through the academy. The people involved were awesome. Secondly the mix of classroom and hands on installation. This really provided a wholesome approach to this technology.
– Joey Star, STA Milwaukee, 2016
- Non-members: $1800
- MREA members: $1750
Contact Adam Mehr at: