The MREA’s Solar Training Academy is a series of weekend classes that walks students through the PV design and installation process. Students receive professional-level solar training, with no previous experience necessary in the solar field.
Upon academy completion, students qualify to sit for the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) Associates Exam, an industry standard.
The Solar Training Academy provides professional networking opportunities, as well as continuing education credits needed to stay current on certifications and updates needed to maintain competitive edge in the industry.
Cancellation notice: The Dubuque, Iowa Solar Training Academy course has been cancelled for 2017. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Non-members: $2250
- MREA Members: $2200
My favorite part of training with the MREA was a combination of two things. The instructors and people I met through the academy. The people involved were awesome. Secondly the mix of classroom and hands on installation. This really provided a wholesome approach to this technology.
– Joey Star, STA Milwaukee, 2016
Contact Adam Mehr at:
- 651-789-5720, or
- January – May 2017
- One weekend per month
- Students are eligible to take the NABCEP PV Associate Exam (96% pass rate). Exam cost included in course fee.
- 63 hours of classroom training needed for NABCEP PV Installation Professional and NABCEP PV Technical Sales Professional Certifications
- Students complete classroom training needed for MREA’s PV Site Assessment and PV Design and Sales Certificates
- The course format follows MREA’s class progression including: Basic PV, PV Site Assessor Training, PV Sales and Finance, PV System Design, and PV Design Lab
- Course cost includes textbook
Select your city of interest to learn more and register: